Wednesday, October 12, 2011

In The Beginning......















The house was a mess. Everything needed to be painted, replaced, or cleaned before we could even think about moving in. I lost sleep, skipped meals, and worked under extreme conditions since there was no air conditioning in the house when we start renovations and it was in the middle of summer. With persistence and perseverance the work got done. All the painting, laying floor tiles, replacing doors with walls and building a new front porch was completed in a matter of months. I did most of the work myself since I was the only one in the family that didn't have to work full time since I'm attending school and had more "free" time to get this stuff finished. There is still a lot of work to be done as of yet. I will take you with me while I make renovations, build furniture, repair stuff, and start my first vegetable garden. Any tips or advise on anything I do will be welcomed with great appreciation. I am not a pro at any of this. As a matter of fact, this is the first time I've done this type of work on my own. I do research before starting a project, sometimes it turns out beautiful and other times I have to start over from scratch because I flubbed it up with my lack of experience. Here are a few pics of some things I've made or done on the house so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment