Monday, October 24, 2011

Chandelier Bird Feeder



I had it in my mind that I wanted to make a candle chandelier for the bathroom but while I was looking for an interesting design to duplicate I came across a bird feeder that I just fell in love with. It was made out of an old chandelier light.

During one of my many visits to the thrift store, I came across this old black hanging chandelier type light. It was bent in some places and the arms were loose and swinging back and forth. For a $1.49 I decided it was worth a try. I have to admit, I was a little embarrassed carrying it under my arm. I was getting strange looks from other people in the store. Needless to say, it did look like it needed to be thrown away.

When I got home I took it apart, completely. Took out all of the electrical wires and hardware and put it back together again making sure all of the nuts and bolts were as tight as they could get. The original color was black and it seemed to me that was a depressing color to put in the yard or garden so I bought a spray paint at Lowe's called Ocean Breeze. It's kind of a bluish green color that I though would be visually pleasing. So here is the final result. I don't have any birdseed right now so I just put stale bread in it for the time being. I'm very pleased with the outcome and will be looking for more hanging lights to make a few more to put up around the yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment