Wednesday, November 9, 2011

One Dollar Lamp Shade



As I was walking down the hallway I looked up, not sure why. I've looked at that glass globe on the ceiling light hundreds of times and never really thought about how ugly it was until that fateful day my eyes were directed upwards for no apparent reason. The first thought in my mind was "that has got to go". So I began making my own shade out of some jute twine (1.00 at the Dollar General) and school glue. A balloon was involved as well.

I blew up the balloon, soaked the twine in watered down school glue and then began to wrap it around the balloon. It sat on a piece of wax paper over night to assure it was dried completely. First thing in the morning, the balloon was popped and my shade was mounted on the ceiling.

I'm quite happy with it. Now instead of an ordinary old glass globe, I have a unique, rustic shade made by my own hands. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment