Friday, January 20, 2012

Drop Cloth Sofa Slipcover

Ok faithful followers of my blog...it's complete...my drop cloth sofa slipcover.  Not going to say much about it except that I wouldn't want to make these for a living.  It was a challenge but all in all, I really think I did a fantastic job on it (if ya don't mind me saying so).  This is the very first sofa slipcover I've made...




I also made a new laptop sleeve just for the heck of it.  I found this beautiful fabric remnant on sale for 2.50 so I made that the outer cover and used remnants of drop cloth fabric for the liner.  It has a velcro closure and quilted the inside just for a little extra detail for funzies.



2 comments:

  1. WOW.....your drop cloth sofa cover is absolutely beautiful. Who would ever believe that it began as a drop cloth? You did good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I think the trick is to wash and tumble dry the fabric before you start the project. It makes it super soft. Also, use a light weight drop cloth. I believe this one is an 8oz instead of a 10 oz. :-)

    ReplyDelete