Sunday, January 1, 2012

Starting the New Year Off With Burlap....

I hope everyone had a wonderful time ringing in the New Year.  I did.  Spent it with good friends and family.  Don't get any better than that folks.

I've been on a burlap and canvas kick for the past week.  Seems everything I've made is burlap or canvas.  I started out making a few throw pillows for our 8 foot sofa.  This thing is about 4 feet wide so, in my opinion, it's very comfortable to sit on without a lot of smaller pillows to throw behind your back.  On the other hand...it's fabulous to sleep on...OMG.  My favorite pillow cover to make now is the envelope pillow.  Super easy and it can be taken off and washed...love it. In a few weeks I'm going to try my hand at making a canvas drop cloth slipcover for this monster of a sofa.





Next I took one of the coffee bags that I had left over after recovering the dining room chairs and made a runner for the hallway.  It matches the one I did for the kitchen a while back except this one has been sewn down the side and then frayed the edges....


I found this super pretty burlap table runner on Pinterest and immediately began making one of my own. I'm surprised at how well it turned it out since I started working on it at 1a.m.  All of my lines are straight and the measurements were perfect.  Maybe I should be a midnight sewster from now on....


After the runner, I found another beautiful burlap table cover that I thought would be great for the bedroom night tables.  As they were, they didn't match and it seemed to bother me somewhat...so, around 2ish a.m. I began construction of those bad boys and surprisingly they turned out fabulously as well...



Well folks, that's it for right now.  In the process of thinking of what other stuff I sew together....this post is to be continued......

No comments:

Post a Comment