Friday, November 18, 2011

Burlap Christmas

Today has been a relaxing one. I have this bolt of burlap that I wasn't sure what I would be doing with it when I bought it but it was only 5.00 on Criagslist and since I LOVE LOVE LOVE burlap...I bought it on an impulse. This year we have decided to put up a Christmas tree which means we will need to purchase everything.  Haven't had tree up for several years and have moved a few times so the decorations have dewindled away leaving us with absolutely nothing to decorate with for the holidays.  Well...since I'm not a fan of the typical red and green color scheme of Christmas and I have this huge bolt of burlap fabric (which I do LOVE), I decided to make our decorations so the only thing we will really need to buy is a tree. I plan on getting a white tree with white lights since I love everything that is any shade of white or beige.  It looks very clean and crisp.

So far, I have made a few ornaments, a garland, a tree topper, and a wreath with a few cheapy christmas balls from the Dollar General added to it.  I even made a beer bottle ornament for my husband (doesn't match the burlap theme but he loves it so up it will go onto the tree). I'm even going to use these old small dolies that kinda look like snowflakes to mix in with the burlap ornaments.











Looking forward to the holidays this year.  Usually,I dread it's arrival. I wish all of you a very safe and happy holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment