Saturday, December 17, 2011

Saturday Afternoon

It's been a beautiful day.  Feels more like early spring then the middle of winter. Today was spent doing little projects here and there and tidying up the crafting supplies that were laying all over the house.  Now that I have a crafting area, they now have a home so I have no excuse for not picking them up. I like being in any room of the house and not seeing cans of paint, power tools, or pieces of cut wood sitting in the corners.

I stopped by the Habitat for Humanity Restore first thing this morning and found this awesome little window that was selling for 2.50...at that price, It was most definately coming home with me.  I hung it in the opening between the kitchen and the living/entry way.  I think I'm going to do a small bulb garden underneath it so the flowers grow upwards towards the window.



When I painted the bathroom cabinets, I had it in my mind that I wanted to do some type of design on the inside so I left it unpainted.  Found this paper that coordinated well and a couple of tiny baskets at the Dollar Tree for storage. I did a decoupdge on the inside of the doors and hung the baskets.  I might just do the whole inside, sides and bottom of the cabinet as well...but not today.



I also built a frame for the bathroom mirror this afternoon.  It was fairly easy for a first timer on that type of project.



While I was at the Restore I found an old and very ugly lamp shade for 1.00...so I bought it.  I took the old and very ugly plastic like fabric off of it and recovered the metal frame with burlap.  This is go on the lamp in the bedroom.


I spent 4.50 today and got several projects crossed off of my list...Today was a good day!!!!
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment