Sunday, December 18, 2011

Sunday Pre-Lunch Project...The Kitchen Island Redo

Got up this morning and decided to redo the kitchen island that I made out an old dresser that was stuck in the back of my closet.  We'll be painting the cabinets black in a few weeks so I thought it would look better if the island was also black.  I did the top in an ebony wood stain which I believe turned out beautifully.  Also added a towel holder to the back along with a chair for a quick eating area instead of having to drag everything into the dining room everytime you want a sandwich or a bowl of cereal.

Next weekend I'll be heading back to the Habitat Restore to pick up a piece of plywood to cut, paint, and attach to the bottom of the island for extra shelving space.  When that is complete, I'll be putting wheels on the bottom as well.



2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12/19/2011

    Who is that handsome man in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be my sexy love muffin husband. :-) He's my muscle when I need it with some of the more difficult projects I get into. And he always does it with a smile on his face. :-) LOVE LOVE LOVE him.

    ReplyDelete